Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who wants to go see obscure japanese cinema?


I am interested in the relationship of the lower part of the human body and the lower part of the social structure on which the reality of daily Japanese life obstinately supports itself.
-Shohei Imamura

Shohei Imamura Retrospective @ Northwest Film Forum

In a perfect world I'd go see A Man Vanishes, Black Rain, and The Eel. But my job probably will require me to work Friday and Saturday nights. Is anybody up to seeing Pigs and Battleships and/or Why Not? I promise you they won't be like anything else you've ever seen.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Why was I not told that you had a blog? I easily would have accompanied you to the Imamura retrospective. Ah, well, we'll just have to go to the Wong Kar Wai showings at SIFF Cinema.