Friday, November 16, 2007

Backlog #1: Modern Romance

Maybe my goal to get through my backlog before the new year was a little ambitious. I don't think I'm going to make it. I also got off to a horrible start. Modern Romance is an early Albert Brooks film, and I should have known better than to buy it without seeing it. See I always like about 35% of an Albert Brooks film. This one's basically about a guy who keeps breaking up and getting back together with the same woman. There are a couple of funny scenes, especially his 'date' with another woman the involves him driving 5 blocks, then turning around and driving her home. The bad news is that his character is generally unlikable. The really bad news is that the unlikable character dominates the movie. The really, really bad news is that the unlikable character that dominates the movie doesn't really do much that could be considered funny. The good news is that my family's video store gets a shiny, barely watched DVD for their shelves as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I've mostly given up on trying to get through my movie backlog. Mainly because I have devoted most of my current free time to the DVR backlog and my book backlog.

Oh, and I just joined the blogging community too. atog554.livejournal.com.

Thank god my work finally got the internet.
Travis